Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Groceries at Jewel

I did a really lousy job at Jewel yesterday, but I used what coupons I had to get the basics I needed for meals this week, and then some.
Dannon yogurt was on sale, plus I had coupons, so I stocked up ($.34/cup, not great by any means, but the best I could do at the time.) Typically I don't even buy the stuff (high fructose corn syrup is on our no-no list.) But sometimes I need something quick and easy to give the kids (and myself), and now the our little guy is eating mostly solids, I wanted something easy to feed him for breakfast. Hopefully I'll be making all our yogurt soon, and we'll just be having smoothies each morning. Until I can find a good price on frozen fruit, that's been put on hold.

Altogether, my grocery bill was lousy... $75. I felt like throwing up when I left; hopefully I am done shopping for awhile, except for stockup items, a few basics that I still forgot (like skewers for our shish-ka-bobs), and the items that go bad/run out easily. Next week's headliner will be pork, so I'm already trying to start meal planning for that one.

Total Grocery Budget Left: $2304.75

No comments:

Post a Comment