Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Meals for Week of Jan. 4th

Here's the dinner menu for the week. I don't use days because when I do, it always seems to get screwed up somehow (sick kid, late hubby, etc.) Instead, I just plan certain meals that we will be eating over the course of 5 dinners.

Our Chicken Roaster that I made this evening will serve as the meat in these meals. Meat is used sparingly, but if I run out (or realize we can't eat the one I overcooked), I will stop by the local store and pick up a pre-cooked one for about $5.

Meal 1: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup (using Rachael Ray's Chicken Noodle Hold the Soup recipe, but my husband prefers it with broth after all.) Side: loaf of homemade bread.

Meal 2: Chicken Tostadas I've successfully made tortillas in the past, but think I may need to purchase shells in order to make these. Side: Tortilla chips and guacamole (my tot refuses to eat most veggies but loves guacamole, so I like to offer it to him when I can.)

Meal 3: Cranberry Pear Chicken over Fettucini (I'm modifying a Weight Watchers recipe to include pasta to make it more filling.) Side of frozen veggies.

Meal 4: Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kabobs with Tzatziki sauce (did I spell that right?) Side of homemade pita crisps.

Meal 5: Chicken Pot Pie chicken, carrots, peas, celery, potatoes, and onions inside a tasty crust should make a nice, filling meal, with no need for a side. Dessert: Jello!



Why only 5 meals instead of 7? I do my the majority of my grocery shopping on Tuesdays, so Sunday and Monday nights are usually quick, easy dinners. Either we throw in a pizza, make ramen noodles, or have leftovers (which is very seldom.) Maybe someday I'll become better at planning ahead, but at this point in time I can only handle planning 5 dinners at a time, so that's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment